Wednesday, March 23, 2016
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Millenium Hotel, 2800 Campus Walk Ave. Durham, NC 27705
How can we build true community inclusiveness for persons living with dementia? Join us for this opportunity to come together and learn how each of us can enhance the lives and well-being of persons living with dementia, regardless of where they are in our communities.
We will hear about:
- Dementia and the "experiential" approach to care of persons with dementia.
- A framework for enhancing domains of well-being as our common goal to support them.
- Culture change as a critical component to a new approach in any living environment.
- What makes a difference in the lived experience of persons with dementia and their families.
- Transformations needed to truly realize the new approach to support and care.
- Attributes of the physical environment that can help or hinder well-being.
- How the various domains of well-being can be operationalized in daily life and care.
- Communications, understanding distress, and how a well-being framework can lead to pro-active, strengths-based solutions.
- Community inclusion for persons living with dementia and envisioning a dementia inclusive community.