Administration and Member Services Director; Foreign Trade Zone #93 Administrator
Fax: 919-549-9390 (confidential fax: 919-485-8168)
Master of Public Administration, North Carolina State University.
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Alumna of the Leadership Triangle program, 1998.
Graduate of the UNC-CH School of Government’s Municipal and County Administration program, 2005.
Graduate of the UNC-CH School of Government’s Public Executive Leadership Academy, 2008.
Renée Boyette currently serves as the Administration and Member Services Director of Triangle J Council of Governments. In this role, Renée serves as the organization’s human resources officer. Renée also oversees activities and programs related to member government support, and engagement and communication efforts. In addition, she serves as the grantee administrator of the Research Triangle Area Foreign Trade Zone. Through her leadership, TJCOG has improved outreach to its members, tailored program offerings to reflect member needs, and increased organization membership. Previously, Renée served as Member Services Director from 1996 to 2009, and Assistant to the Executive Director from 2009 to 2016. She is an active member of the NC International Public Management Association for Human Resources, the National Association of Foreign Trade Zones, and the NC City and County Management Association.
- Serve as human resources director for the organization.
- Serve as grantee administrator of Foreign Trade Zone #93.
- Coordinate drug and alcohol testing program to assist local governments to meet federal DOT testing requirements and assists local governments with testing programs not covered by DOT regulations.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing programs and projects that provide services to member governments.
- Work with local governments and committees to establish and address needs.
- Provide staff support to the Board of Delegates and Executive Committee.
- Work with non-member governments to encourage membership in Triangle J.
- Updating TJCOG Personnel Policy, as well as other internal policies.
- Conducts workshops to introduce the US Foreign-Trade Zone Program to business and economic development communities.
- Works with local companies to develop foreign-trade zone sites.
- Coordinated 2016 delegate orientation session and produced the orientation handbook.
- Coordinates drug and alcohol testing program for 15 local governments, transit agencies, and universities.
- Led staff design team for web site development; liaison with web design consultant.