Triangle J offers a generous benefit package to employees. The designation of "regular employee" includes full-time and part-time employees but does not include temporary employees. In most cases, benefits available to part-time employees are prorated and the employee is responsible for paying his/her share.
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Full cost paid for regular, full-time employees; TJCOG pays a prorated share for eligible part-time employees.
- TJCOG pays a significant portion of dependent coverage.
- All insurance coverage becomes effective on the date of hire.
Health Savings Account
- TJCOG makes a $117 monthly contribution for employees eligible for and enrolled in the health insurance program. Employees may contribute more on a voluntary basis.
- Two times the regular employee’s annual salary to a maximum of $250,000.
- TJCOG provides short-term disability insurance for eligible employees.
Employee Assistance Program
- TJCOG provides an employee assistance program for regular employees.
Flexible Spending Account
- Employees may contribute on a voluntary basis. TJCOG does not contribute to the FSA.
- NC Local Government Employees’ Retirement System (LGERS)
- Employees working 1,000 or more hours per year are required by state law to participate in LGERS.
- Employees are required by state law to contribute a certain percentage of his/her salary on a tax-deferred basis. The required contribution for FY18 is 6%.
- TJCOG is required by state law to contribute a certain percentage of each employee's salary. The required contribution for FY2019-2020 is 8.99%.
- NC 401K Supplemental Retirement Plan
- TJCOG contributes 5% of the regular employee's annual salary. Employees are not required to match but may contribute on a voluntary basis.
- NC 457 Plan
- Employees may contribute on a voluntary basis. TJCOG does not contribute to the NC 457 Plan.
- Reimbursement of eligible expenses up to a total of five hundred dollars ($500) per fiscal year.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King's Birthday
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving (Thursday & Friday)
- Christmas (two to three days)
Vacation Leave Accrual
|Years of Service||Days Accrued Per Year|
- Accrued at a rate of one day per month of service or twelve days per year.
Credit Union Membership
- All employees have the opportunity to join the Local Government Federal Credit Union.
- TJCOG requires direct deposit for all employees. Employees are paid biweekly.
Designated Best Workplaces for Commuters Worksite
- Transit subsidy available
- Options for teleworking and flexible work-week scheduling
- Electric vehicle charging station onsite
- Secure, weather protected bike parking
- Onsite showers