Solarize the Triangle Community Celebration
The Triangle Sustainability Partnership, a newly formed local government partnership of 11 communities, will publicly launch its regionwide community-based group-buying program at the North Carolina Museum of Art. The free community celebration will be an opportunity to learn more about solar-energy options for local residents, businesses and non-profit organizations. Participants will also have the ability to ask questions of the solar provider and other community partners.
This launch celebration will feature:
- Representatives from the Partnership that developed and support Solarize the Triangle;
- Experts in solar energy from the locally selected installer company chosen via competitive bidding;
- Live music and painting by Little Red Birds. A portion of proceeds from the evening’s event art-auction sales will be dedicated to supporting solar energy for qualified low-income families;
- Details about the benefits of solar energy and battery storage; and
- How one can enroll for a free solar-energy assessment of their residence or place of business through Solarize the Triangle.
Participating communities in the partnership are: Chatham County, City of Raleigh, Durham County, City of Durham, Town of Cary, Town of Chapel Hill, Town of Hillsborough, Town of Carrboro, Town of Apex, Town of Morrisville and Orange County.