Leveraging our executive-level staff’s experience in city and county management experience, a regional perspective, and a strong network of retired managers and/or managers-in-transition ensures quality guidance and resources for any organizational or management need. Together, these resources can help you make educated organizational and community-wide decisions. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Capital Improvement Planning
- Day-to-day and Organizational Support
- Human Resource Functionality and Services
- Pay and Classification Studies
Need an extra pair of hands to assist with human resources? Contact us to learn about our approach, discuss your unique challenges, and get to know the team.
Drug & Alcohol Testing Program
The TJCOG Drug and Alcohol testing program assists member governments and partner agencies comply with the testing program requirements of the U.S Department of Transportation's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and Federal Transit Administration. A "look-alike" program is available for employers who choose to incorporate testing of employees in non-DOT-covered safety-sensitive positions and meet the requirements of the NC Controlled Substances Examination Act and other state laws.
The program provides technical expertise including:
- monitoring federal regulations, conducting random selections, reporting results, record keeping, database maintenance, policy and procedure development; and employee, supervisory, and designated employer representative (DER) training.
The program also provides administrative liaison activities and cooperative contracting power for program members.
As a fee-for-service program, the program is self-sustaining through dues from local governments and partner agencies.