Triangle J staff work on a variety of housing initiatives in the region that aim to strengthen the quality and accessibility of affordable and workforce housing in every community. In addition, TJCOG administers funding from the NC Housing Finance Agency for home repairs in Durham, Lee, Harnett, and Orange counties.
In 2019, the TJCOG Board of Delegates adopted a set of five key priorities for the housing focus area to strengthen coordination and support for local governments, and position TJCOG to lead this work.
- Assist local governments with contracted projects, funding administration, and data requests.
- Support other TJCOG programs by providing data, research, and best practices around housing as it relates to their project needs.
- Support nonprofit partners and community groups in their advocacy and service provision as it relates to housing needs within their communities.
- Communicate information about the housing programs’ services and resources to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support a regional approach or initiative to housing affordability.
Common Assistance Requests
TJCOG is available to provide technical assistance and expertise to address your local housing issues. Many challenges persist across the region. Our most common requests for technical work are:
- Housing Needs Assessments
- Policy Review & Development
- Opportunity Sites Analyses
- Affordable Housing Inventories
- Presentations & Discussion Facilitation
- Grant Writing
- Funding Administration
View the insights page for more educational and policy resources.