CONTRACT WITH TJCOG DIRECTLY, AND SIMPLY.
TJCOG acts as an extension of the local government members we serve and the technical assistance provided to our communities changes regularly over time to reflect the changing needs. This general assistance to local governments is critical, as communities face a growing list of responsibilities, often with limited staff capacity and resources. Cost-efficient support and staffing from TJCOG ensures community demand is met in a fiscally responsible way.
Per Chapter 160A, Article 20, Part 1 of the General Statutes of North Carolina (and any amendments thereto), member governments can contract directly with TJCOG without a Request for Proposals or an Invitation for Bids, or from engaging in any other procedures required by procurement law.
Core Assistance Areas
Leveraging our executive-level staff’s experience in city and county management experience, a regional perspective, and a strong network of retired managers and/or managers-in-transition ensures quality guidance and resources for any organizational or management need. Together, these resources can help you make educated organizational and community-wide decisions. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Capital Improvement Planning
- Day-to-day and Organizational Support
- Human Resource Functionality and Services
- Pay and Classification Studies
Strategy, Communications & Engagement
- Facilitation Services
- one-time meetings
- board retreats
- department-wide or leadership retreats
- project-specific facilitation or community meetings on complicated or varied issues such as affordable housing, transportation, and more.
- Strategic Planning
- Small-Community Strategic Consulting
- Town of Cameron Strategic Plan
- Community Engagement
- Social Media Assistance
- Communication Strategies
Planning services and technical support are provided on a project-by-project basis. Depending on the level of assistance needed, member governments may be provided services free-of-charge, at a reduced cost, or through an agreement with the local government that allows planning services to be provided at a subsidized cost rate for a full-time employee.
- Comprehensive Planning
- Data and Mapping
- Housing Planning and Expertise
- Infrastructure and Stormwater Assistance
- Development or Update of Maps and Geographic Information System (GIS) files
Operational support for smaller or growing communities, especially around finance, long-range planning, and staffing gaps.