Master of Public Administration, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, concentration in local government administration.
Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Appalachian State University. Major in town and city/county management and minors in land use planning and recreation management.
Joined Triangle J in July 2015. Lee has over 15 years of experience as a local government manager and assistant/deputy manager throughout North Carolina. He began his career as an Assistant to the City Manager in the City of Goldsboro and also served as County Manager in Greene County and Assistant County Manager in Catawba County. From October 2011 until June 2015, Lee served as Deputy County Manager of Durham County where he served as Durham County’s Interim County Manager for part of 2014.
Lee has been very active in the profession, serving as a Vice President of the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and as President of the North Carolina City/County Management Association. Lee is a Credentialed Manager with ICMA.
- Serve as Chief Executive Officer of Triangle J, responsible for the administration of all Council operations and the employment and supervision of all employees.
- Serve as chief professional advisor to the Triangle J Executive Committee and Board of Delegates.
- Prepare the annual budget and assure the preparation of annual audited financial statements.
- Administer the Council’s Regional Legislative Agenda and the Triangle J electronic legislative alert system.
- Represent the region’s local governments and their regional interests in the North Carolina General Assembly.
- Work closely with member city and county managers to address the administration of local governments, and constantly seeks to secure local government revenue sources.
- Work closely with local governing boards to address transportation needs, growth management issues, environmental issues, regional aging service concerns, and a variety of regional planning interests.
- Facilitate the Triangle Area Mayors and County Commission Chairs’ bi-monthly meetings on regional collaboration
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Assistant Manager of the Year, North Carolina City/County Management Association -2010
- Local Leadership Award, Eastern Carolina Council of Governments - 2005