Center of the Region Enterprise
Current Work Plan
Bring together elected officials and regional partners to:
- Share information about development, infrastructure, and green space plans and projects along the border between Wake and Durham Counties;
- provide guidance to staff on the development, infrastructure, and green space issues; and
- initiate projects, programs and agreements to address these issues.
The genesis of the workgroup was a desire to determine rational annexation and utility service areas
for Durham City, Raleigh, Durham County and Wake County along the Wake-Durham county line north
of I-40. Workgroup discussions led to the development of three types of agreements:
- an interlocal cooperation agreement among the member jurisdictions of the workgroup;
- an annexation agreement between the City of Durham and the City of Raleigh; and
- a model three-party utility agreement that can be used to establish the conditions of utility provision between a city (e.g. Durham or Raleigh), a county (Wake or Durham) and a developer.